Saturday, June 5, 2010

Photoshop Follies - Refusing to Open

Here's an odd one, and I figured I should post it in case it happens to someone else and they want to know how to fix the problem. I know it will happen to others because I've read about it elsewhere. Can't hurt to make sure there's another place with the info, though.

I opened up Photoshop CS3 today and tried to open a file to edit. No go. Not through the browser, not via drag and drop. It also wouldn't create a new file. Not just odd, but annoying; scary if you're on a tight deadline, I'm sure.

The fix is to change your default printer to a local one and/or make sure your printer is attached and on. (A reboot may also be necessary.) You read that right. Doesn't matter if it was never a problem before. Doesn't matter that it makes no sense whatsoever.

Photoshop doesn't open or create files? Blame the printer settings.

Hmm... now I have that file open and I forget what I was going to do with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment