Thursday, December 29, 2011

Random Songs, Unforgotten

Every once in a while a song comes bubbling up out of the depths of my memory and gets lodged in my consciousness. This time it's "Like a Rhinestone Cowboy". Unfortunately the only lyric from the song that I know is "like a rhinestone cowboy" and it's got me wondering.. what is like a rhinestone cowboy? Is there anything else like a rhinestone cowboy? Nothing that I'm aware of.

And then I realized that I don't want to know what's like a rhinestone cowboy. I figure when the song you've written is called Like a Rhinestone Cowboy, you're probably not going to be writing anything particularly profound. So I'm not going to bother to look up the rest of the lyrics to find out what it is.

Mind you, I don't imagine they could do much worse than the person who wrote "like a rock... charging from the gate".

Could they? Let's not find out.

1 comment:

  1. What if Bob Seger sang "Like a Rhinestone Cowboy?" That would be like a disaster.

    ReplyDelete