Friday, October 16, 2009

Never Ready For My Closeup

I'm more of a background kind of person. Except not making them; I suck at that. But backgrounds are important! They need to be there to give the foreground some support. They need to look good without drawing attention. That's a tough task, especially without talent or knowledge. That's why I created about 30 potential background for napaJapan.com and ended up scrapping all of them in favour of one that Dennis had. It's just not my forte. Hell, I don't even have a forte and that one sticks out as being particularly NOT.

So now I've figured out a few things about the Blogger template and I've uploaded several backgrounds to the napaJapan server to be used here. I did another jumble of products, but I made them tiling, then I faded them to almost black and put some blue over top. It's like a nice dark blue background, but with Kit Kat!

Oh, and completely unrelated, but I made an poster-style image of a Majesty Ukulele for Yusuke. It's one I took of Virginia's custom "hummingbird" model a few years ago. I masked it out and laid it on a bed of hydrangea ("ajisai" in Japanese, which also happens to be a great sushi restaurant). I think it looks pretty good. He may disagree, but I'm guessing he's too busy and too tired to care enough to complain at the moment.


That ukulele, by the way, is one of the nicest sounding ukes I've ever heard. Loud, rich, clear tone and a very sweet sound. It blew me away when I heard it last month. I thought my ukulele was in a league of its own and I thought it was mostly because it's a tenor, but apparently I was wrong.

UPDATE: I was right. Yusuke didn't like it.
UPDATE 2: After sending a version without the logo or background, he changed his mind!
UPDATE 3: The photo is on the MusicFair website.

No comments:

Post a Comment